Monday, February 22, 2010

The Sculptures of Adam Beane

Adam Beane does incredible work.
 
When I wrote him asking if I could include pictures of some of his work here on my blog, he wrote:
"Lately I'm interested in pushing further with the celebrity portrature and I'm quite proud of my latest piece- Barack Obama for Esquire." Only the hands holding the bust belie the fact that the sculpture is a miniature.
 
I've done some modeling of miniature figures and animals and I know the precision it takes to achieve a good likeness. Beane's pieces, created in CX5, are works of art I'd love to own. His portfolio on his website has additionally fascinating pieces.
 
Below, at left is his bust of Evangeline Lilly as Kate from "Lost." At right is his detailed model of Alessandro Del Piero for PlanB Toys (2005).
 
Below is Beane's 1:16 scale work on  Ed and Shaun from Shaun of the Dead for Slideshow Collectibles, 2006.


To learn more, check out the following sites:

Check him out.

No comments: