Thursday, February 04, 2010

More Things Found on the Net

Here are some more things I found online of interest:

 
  • One Sentence Archive: True Stories, told in one sentence. So how poignant or thought-provoking do you think a single sentence could be? Can it reveal a story waiting to come to light? Here are a couple of them that seemed particularly effective:
When I asked him how his day had been my father shrugged and said "It was okay," in a non-committal way, because we were still ten minutes from home, and only then would he feel able to tell me my brother had been killed.
My ex-wife would freeze up everytime she told the story of coming home from church as a child and finding all the dolls she had left lined up in tiny chairs replaced by the dead squirrels that her father had killed that morning.
I knew what we really were when I realized we had eaten our Christmas Dinner out of a cooler from the back of a pick-up truck.
  • The above site reminds me of the book, Post Secret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives, compiled by Frank Warren, a collection of post cards where people write their stories on a post card and mail them anonymously to the compiler.
I wish my parents could see me for what I am... instead of what I didn't become.
When i see an ugly bride, what i am really seeing is a glimmer of hope for the future [maybe i will marry, someday].
I'm with the first person I've ever been able to truly trust. He is the only person I have ever cheated on. [Decorated with a statue of liberty sticker and a Los Vegas sticker and a red balloon.]
  • I love miniatures still even though I don't do anymore. Here is the work of Michael Paul Smith  who does incrediblely detail photographs of miniatures. You don't believe it's a miniature until you see the layout.
  • It's always interesting to see what people feel the need to create. Here's someone who makes "Skeletons of Looney Tunes Characters." Okay, so some of them are Hanna Barbara and Disney, but we get the idea.

No comments: