Friday, March 25, 2011

The Moviegoer: Unknown

When Unknown came out, I wasn't really interested in seeing it. I had been intrigued by the trailer, but opening around the time that heavily panned Red Riding Hood and Battle: LA, it didn't draw me in. During my Spring Break marathon, however, I remembered the trailer, checked it out and decided to try  out the movie.

The movie appears to be a straight-forward story of Dr. Martin Harris who arrives in Berlin with his wife, suffers a head injury, and when he finally comes out of a comma discovers that his wife is with another man who claims to be Dr. Martin Harris. Soon he finds himself followed by people who want to do him harm and nothing is what it seems to be.

The film is filled with Hitchockian twists and turns and a surprise ending worthy of the suspense master (think the cymbals of The Man Who Knew Too Much climax, but with a bigger bang). I am still pleased that I hadn't figured it out, but it all makes sense and works.



No comments: