Thursday, February 03, 2011

The Moviegoer: Catfish

Catfish
I had heard about "Catfish" when it came out, but it disappeared from the area before I got to see it. Well, I rented it on Netflix and want to make sure everyone on Facebook sees it.


The setup for the film (a documentary) is photographer Niv meets Megan and her family on Facebook. Gradually he becomes drawn deeper and deeper into a relationship while his friends decide to document their growing friendship. Eventually he decides to visit them and begins an incredible journey.

One critic says, "This is the best Hitchcock film Hitchcock never directed."




I don't want to tell you more except that after seeing this film, I began to think differently about my Facebook experience and life in general.

SEE THIS FILM ... [and when you do, write and tell me about the experience].






No comments: