Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Paper Dolls



About 12 years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the world of paper dolls. I have always been taken with graphic design and I immediately became an afficiando of such artists as Bruce Patrick Jones, Sandra Vanderpool, Susan Sirkis, Donald Hendricks, and Tom Tierney. Since that time I have worked creating my own.

As I began learning Adobe Photoshop SE2, I realized how layers and brushes would help me. This year I began using Corel Painter IX and have moved into a new phase regarding the paper dolls. I have slowly developed my own style and realized I prefer figures that are no taller than 7 inches. (Maybe a remnant of my working with 1 inch scale miniatures.) This summer, as I entered retirement, I have done over 23 pages of paper dolls and I have lots more I want to do.

To see some of the new works check out the following:

No comments: